Tuesday, August 09, 2005

MARKET COMMENTARY

WOO, CSCO matches estimates, off .65 last peek AH, not many of these techies look so good when the stock options are expensed, but maybe these wise guys feel that will never come. STOCK buybacks also PLUMP up the bottom line.

BIDU under a $100, maybe it's not another GOOGLE......maybe the traders aren't finished having fun with it yet. WHY BUY this POS? now KONG and SNDA also follow with less than exciting news....do we have a Chinese conundrum?

I am sick of the fun and games on FED day, how sad it is to feverishly wait at the computer to HEAR from above, almighty Greenspan has spoken....
"S T A T U S Q U O" long tern inflation is...." and all I hear is blah blah blah....

OHHHHH, maybe the tightening cycle is "nearing an end" the sheep bahhhhhh, now wouldn't that be peachy. END of tightening cycle is good news? (rates at 4 yr high)

10 walk on egg shells .25 hikes! PLEaaaseeeee, be a man, slap me with a .50 come on! he doesn't, because he KNOWS....how fragile our "recovery is" THAT it relies SOLEY on ASSET INFLATION, and expanding creidt to the consumer.

Let the consumer not pull away from debt buffet, we know how good the avg diet is....

My GUT tells me, tomorrow investors will NOT get excited about stocks, and my little pee brain wonders if the high in rates for this move is upon us.

My best performing dividend/high yield plays are BLE, GIM ETG EVT RCS NMY PCN PFL AND LASTLY ACG. Take a look at them, I use them to track reaction to interest rate movements, today most were green. There is NO WAY of course I can know how they perform in future, maybe my 6 laggards will perk up?

You can set them up on yhoo portfolio or find others similar you might be interested in to track their performance before you buy perhaps.

I find safety in numbers from this experiment and is why I think they have done OK so far, as some are up others down, but together I see green.....same thing when you go after ONE STOCK for the hit vs several in a field or such. Difference are that these pay nice dividends.

Duratek

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MARK, I'VE SUBSCRIBED TO YOU DELTA SOCIETY LETTER AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR OUTSTANDING RESERCH AND OPINIONS.

COULD I ASK FOR YOU EMAIL AS THERE ARE SOME MARKET QUESTIONS I NEED TO ASK A TECHNICIAN.
SINCERELY,
PAUL MAXON PQMAXON@GMAIL.COM