Thursday, October 09, 2008

WATERFALL EVENT, LIFE CHANGING

FOLKS, (CAPS TONIGHT!!!) SOME OF YOU BEEN WITH ME LAST 4 1/2 YEARS, SOME NEW LURKERS, DON;T KNOW HOW MANY READY MY BLOG FOR SURE, BUT I AM HUMBLED AT THE POWER OF THE MARKET. (OK CAPS OFF)

I was off today for Yum Kippur, and saw the market tanking when I got home around 2 pm, with many away from trading desks, today's liquidation was a surprise, in its forocity, 3rd 90% down volume day in a row!!! (yes I do typos!)

I am feeling as before we are heralding in a new era, playing field is forever changed, Wall Street never the same, with more regulation oversight and things that will hinder growth. LIBOR rates staying elevated, nobdy trusts anyone, the market has said "whatever you idiots are doing it aint working" who can argue.

Because this is just a BLOG, and I have warning this is never investment advice, consult your financial advisor......I have tried to share what I have done for myself.....I can offer articles which help let you in on whats going on, I CAN WARN OF POTENTIAL DANGERS as I have from day one, its here on my blog....those following know.

It may be hard to follow one's own advice, but staying in Fed Treasury MM all this time avoiding horrible losses WAS the right thing to do.....and many times friends you only know in rear view mirror. That doing almost nothing ws better than seeing 40% losses psile up!!! in just one f'ing year!

If that is not a CRASH what is? not in one day but one year......I see parabolic moves.....well each of last 3 days I was itching to snoop in on a bargain, now cheaper!!! so how does one know when it is safe?

Problem is, PANIC can outrun common sense.....and SPX earnings projected for 2009 are TOO high and falling fast!!!!! so believe it or not stocks may be very pricey here!

Richard Russel says at bear bottoms SPX dividend yields will be near 6% or more.....I am not sure exactly maybe someone can post but near 3% my guess.

I am not unscathed as my business is at risk, business has been VERY quiet...not much I can do...cept cut costs.

REAL PEOPLE are hurting so I cant be glib here, I have done what I could, is why my blog exists....if just ONE PERSON sidestepped this by opening their minds to another truth, or possibility.

Markets in tough spot, until it knows who will be running things it will be tough sledding....will it be short marriage?

A NEW BULL MAY BE SOME WAY DOWN THE ROAD INDEED>

Duratek

No comments: