Thursday, November 05, 2009

SAME STORE SALES SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/27820 "Same Store Sales Dissapoint"

Remember yr/yr comparisons per month will be against already lowered sales as crisis was in bloom into 2008.

The rally that got held up WED came back with a vengence, The L stats were pretty strong but it was noted volume dropped from the already LIGHT WED volume by 12% !!!

This has been one of the most intriguing markets I have ever followed. I said "don't bet the farm" and short the market, you can be right, and find out the timing stinks!

You get head fakes like yesterdays close only to see the rally ROAR back today, the performance of some of the stats I saw could be contributed to those getting short as the rally faded, only to have to SCAMPER and COVER today.

What has changed from yesterday or day before? NOT MUCH IMHO, did BUffet go out an buy a railroad because he saw his cash sitting there losing buying power?

AN attack on the $ is a wind at your back to assets...evidently.

BUT WHERE IS THE VOLUME? Unemployment report FRI AM.....I don't have a damn clue...my GUT says IN LINE....but we'll know tomorrow if at east the data SAYS employment picture is improving.

I say pishtosh, it may be getting worse......companies will not be in any hurry to hire people back.....this is the worst economy I have witnessed in my 54 years. And from where I sit, if ANY REAL improvement it has been on the margin...cause I can't see it. lay witness to it, nor anyone I talk to....
Can the market hold up into next year? SURE IT CAN, it can do whatever it wants, but I dont have to chase it....I WILL TRADE it....not invest in it, cause all it got is MOMO...that's been enough....til it ends

D

No comments: