Tuesday, March 14, 2006

DEVIL IN THE DETAILS

http://briefing.com/Investor/Public/MarketAnalysis/Calendars/EconomicCalendar.htm

Consumer slowing down, gov deficits not. Strain on interest rates to go higher because of huge appetite for debt from all orifices.

Higher rates putting brakes on housing, the engine of WORLD economy. utility rates going up as much as 70% with price controls ending in July.

Cash flush corporations NOT using cash for INVESTMENTS IN SELF OR CAPITOL EQUIP., no they are using it, FED induced super profits to BUYBACK SHARES (insiders love this) to boost earnings as they are actually declining, and fo M and A activity resembling 2000.

Here we are, within 1.5% of Dow bubble highs, yet avg Dow stock off 20% from 52 week highs!!!

Devil in details, cash I am in.

Duratek (surgery last wed, one armed man for now) I hope my readers are hanging in there with me, let me know you want me to continue my blog, and I am doing some good.

1 comment:

Marc R said...

Thanks Steve! I am soo frustrated I was right on the low for nat gas, my broker does not do futures, so my ta knowledge and gut were useless to me. I was bed laden and couldnt do addtl TA but dont think I needed it.

D