Sunday, May 25, 2014

BUBBLE REPRISE

So here we are, now well into 2014 and the S&P500, Dow, and Transports are at new all time record highs. Only the Utility Index has been lagging behind, diverging can we say. Not much to worry about , right?

It's not my place to recommend stocks , or if you should be long or not. All I can doesn't lay out the landscape I see and ponder what might be next. I can see a SPX at 2200 by years end, or I can also see  a top to market InThe Sept/ Oct timeframe. But even at new highs, the market is a beneficiary of the FEDS money printing schemes. And those who keep bidding the market higher feel invincible to any serious decline. The FEAR,or the wall of worry to climb don't exist.

The moves have been beyond historic, in 2009 the Transports were at 2100, now near 8,000. ThereHas never been another 5 year period like this.

All good things do finally come to an end, and I still believe that a large part of this bull mkt will be retraced.

On this weekend, my last thoughts go out to all those who have friends or family in the military and to those who have lost someone in battle . Thank you to all those who fight for our freedom and who have the ultimate sacrifice.

D

No comments: