Friday, August 18, 2006

PENSION REFORM

http://money.cnn.com/2006/08/17/pf/retirement/pension_signing/index.htm Important changes you should be aware of.

Today is options expiration day, 3rd Friday of every month. It could be a volatile day, but I am not expecting a big move either way. Consumer confidence numbers come out 10 AM

DELL numbers last night were horrid! 50% decline in earnings and income. Not sure in current environment if it will sink the NAZ today, might hold it down perhaps.

Commodities have been falling like a stone, like interest rates could be signalling an economic slowdown which at some point I believe will beome the MAIN focus of the stock market.

I missed the top in the 10 yr, as most of us have been focused by the FED and inflation near 5.25%, it is now about 4.87%

I see potential for rates to drop all the way back to 4.2% area, bottom of a channel I have drawn.....and I wonder if they will even challenge 5% again anytime soon.

I have been considering a few income stocks and funds for a part of my portfolio.

I am still expecting stocks to bottom in OCT timeframe, though recent runup has challenged my views, the recent Leading Inidcators have signalled trouble and I am steadfast that will become center stage when the NO MORE FED RAISE HYPE dies down.

I also get feeling most of easy money has been made on this move.

Duratek

No comments: