Friday, July 31, 2009

LET'S ALL CELEBRATE THE GDP and RECESSION IS OVER?

briefing.com
"Personal consumption expenditures, which are the main driver of the economy, fell at an annualized rate of -1.2% and subtracted 0.88 percentage points from the change in real GDP. In the first quarter, PCE added 0.44 percentage points to real GDP.

This disappointment was a reminder that the economic recovery will be an uneven affair, quite simply because the U.S. consumer isn't what he/she used to be in the face of rising unemployment and falling home values. Real final sales, which exclude the change in private inventories, decreased -0.2% in the period versus a -4.1% decrease in Q1."

Addressing the comments made, I am not one sided, but if you think I dont know what I'm talking about, keep tuning into CNBC and be happy, a fool and his money is soon departed.

My more astute A commentor is more to the point, my fundametal comments and analysis never EXCLUDE making money on any rally in a bear market. But truth is you dont CHASE it if you didnt get in early enough.

Lot of my friends feel market going much higher, feel it has to get better, so they arent moving money OUT.

Remember this, last recession ended in 2001....when did Bear MArket end?

What good is the gov GDP data, when prior get revised down nearly by 20% !? and this one show gains coming from ? Government Spending....which may be crowding out private sector investment....to each his own

Duratek I'll keep calling it as I see it...it just my opinion...but its MINE!

No comments: