Tuesday, July 07, 2009

TUESDAY MARKET WRAP "Lights Out?"

Here are some headlines from YHOO FInance

Wall Street Wilts as New Stimulus Talk Stokes Fears- Reuters
U.S. stocks fell on Tuesday as talk of a second government stimulus plan stirred fears that the economy is far from well, raising the specter of an anemic second quarter earnings season. A member of the Obama administration's economic advisory panel said the United States should plan to possibly provide a second round of stimulus funds to prop up the economy, implying that recovery is still far off.

Do we need comments like this to tell us the economy is not doing well? Did anyone really believe the GREEN SHOOTS BS?

Dow OFF 162 pts TRANS off 102 pts or 3.2% VIX rose 6.5% to 30.89 (FEAR RISING)

This gets harder to write about as I go along.

"Those who lose the least win" "we all lose" says Richard Russel famed Dow Theorist. For 85 I think he is, amazing intellect.

If I morph into a subscription service, I will keep it reasonable so avg person can afford, and build even more to the service, including my opinions as to where to invest and when. But my MAIN emphasis is and will remain to first educate, enlighten and do my best to keep you out of harms way.

Calls do not always manifest themsleves as good calls immediately, you eventually have to trust someone, and rightnow it is probably your financial advisor if you have one what have they been telling you?

"Hold on, green shoots...." "It's time IN the market, not timing the market" My friends there are TIMES you need to be OUT of the market. You may get a little scalped early on, but it takes time for a trend to develop, once it does my goodness you don't fight it up or down.

I have some learned TA people telling me my H and S formation is not a true formation and calls for 1000 or 1100 SPX by some Elliot Waver followers......others have sited the formation of possible Head and SHoulders in the index, anyhow the 930 SPX are I sited I think WAS relevant and it failed to hold and since then we have been declining.

There's not enough stimulus, the right stimulus and there isnt enough liquidity and what we do have still is deflating assets prices. There has been a HUGE loss of $$$$'s, many have lost 50% of what was to be their retirement nestegg, add in home price declines and you have a HORRIBLE loss of wealth that cannot be supplanted with FED IOU'S.

D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought more you dig?

SSK said...

INTERESTING INTERVIEW,ENJOY. SSK
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/?p=807

D said...

Thanks SSK...this annonymous buying the falling knife....not too smart

SSK said...

YES, THE NEXT BRACKET RANGE LOW IS THE 823-830 AREA FROM LATE APRIL, WITH A BIT OF RESISTANCE FROM THE 924-930 AREA ABOVE. AFTER THAT, SHORT COVERING OCCURED FROM THE 777 LEVEL UP TO THE 800 LEVEL, THAT COULD BE THE EVENTUAL DESTINATION TRADE ON AN INTERMEDIATE BASIS. SSK

D said...

If as shown I have valid H and S formation, SPX 800 I also have.

D