Saturday, November 19, 2005

Company of Interest

http://www.qtww.com/index.php

I have been studying themarket for years, and developing a system whereby I can help myself determine good risk reward trading opportunities. The dry runs are over, you gotta pay to play.

The ONLY reason I am going to list my trades (buys and then sells when I do) are to have a RECORD of how well I do. I am going to try to find ONE good trade a week, I wont force anything.

As an investor you can be paralyzed by analysis and lack of confidence, and many times driven to inaction becuase there is no way to avoid risk even on the "sure thing", which none are.

My problem has been the HOME RUN syndrome, and because that usually takes more cash to play, I wouldn't. SO I passed up winning trade after winning trade, a few of course didnt pan out, but most did.

I feel it more effective to adapt a single rule, not shooting for the moon. It is not important I List how many shares, just what and what price. I am not asking nor suggesting anyone follow any of my stock buys.

The link shows my interest, it is also a company with near $90 M revenues (listed on YHOO) and selling less than 1 X sales and about 1.29 book value, and I found this attractive. They had a few government contracts, so there is some interest here.

Wacthing it fall recently, I know not why, I felt we might be near some king of selleres pause if nothing else. $2.55 is price paid Fri., follow for amusement only.

I hope to prove to myself I can trade successfully, sometimes using stop losses to avoid LARGE LOSSES.

I avoided the BEAR MKT for many reasons, but in any environment there are opportunities, ifone spends enough time investigating, watching listening, reading, researching, becoming familair with, then using TA to "try" and pinpoint best buying opp.

I'm not going to get too jiggy here, just play money, market getting to some extremes in bullishness and overbought.....a pause that MIGHT refresh could be coming next week.

Buying is easy my broker will say, "it is the selling" that is the hard part!

When some "oh no Duratek is bullish" dont confuse seeing the rally for what it is, and continuing to look for potential trades. It NEVER pays to be too bullish nor bearish.

D

No comments: