Wednesday, August 03, 2005

HOT HOT METAL GROUP

NEM up $2 CDE made nice move.PAL (recommended by a good trader friend) up LARGE! (paladium)

Is the bottom IN for gold? many of us wil be giving this heavy thought next few days, it may be. I willcheck EWT tonight and weigh back in.

When the SHIT hits the fan, gold and their shares could be the group that catches fire.

STill below its 2005 highs.

MArket treading water for FRI jobs data....you know my call there.

My hunch is to buy some 5 yr notes and some 10 yrs maybe, haven't yet. WORSE THING? I hold them to maturity.

My tendency is to bet large, and that is inhibiting me here.

If I was smart, I would plow into dividend tracking group and some in treasuries equaling 25% of my cash.

This is the pyramid, the BASE, most conservative at the base! The base MUST be strong. If economy weakens bonds should get bought.

If foreign hands sell, they get crushed! but why would they? INFLATION would do it.

90 day treasuries are cool, in 2 weeks they'll go up again after FED meeting.

But is it golds turn to get hot, next few days action could be very telling.

WILL FRIDAY be the turn day? Will weak jobs say whew to FED rate worry crowd? DEPENDS HOW WEAK, IMHO

Can job growth overcome a Net/Birth deduction? vs large additions as it has been? I rather DOUBT it. How reliable is the data anyway, not very

D

No comments: