Tuesday, July 15, 2008

SHORT TERM BOTTOM FORMING?

REFINERS, UYG etc from my prior post and VIX 30 spike all played out like I thought, buying the early AM plunge produced huge ST profits.....

Dow under 11K is one key, but MANY inidcators say we are near something good to upside....OIL plunging over $6...now if FED was smart they would surprise with RATE HIKE!!!

US $$ would fly, oil etc would be POPPPED IMHO....do they know it is the OIL and WEAK $$ that is one main reason killing us?

They want to continuously pump the crap out of it, now is the time to MAKE A STAND, DEFEND THE $$......it may lead to a healing.......or what is the medicine..

HAS the banking crisis crescendo'd?.....have prices fallen LOW enough?

Some of the pieces are falling into place, but we are tenous here....PANIC selling from public I dont believe has occurred yet

D

4 comments:

SSK said...

i THINK THEY SHOULD DO THAT TO. Unless they support the dollar, things are not going to get better. Cut spending, raise rates,and maybe you would see a bounce. I think you have some short covering today, a lot of two sided trade on good volume today. Value is lower, lets see if we close flat on the day. if so, i think you could have a couple of days bounce, maybe up to the 1250-1270 level? The close is key, if we close in the lower quadrent of the days range, 1100 on the SPX we come.

SSK said...

The lower quadrent for todays range is from 1200-1209. Can we get there, who knows, I have been short and long today, I sold the high but got out in at 1229., we made over 500 points, trading twenty lots, my goal before I go live is 100 lots, or 100K a day.Over 660 trades on the simulater, with a 68% accuracy with over $200 spread between winners and losers! Keep up the good work on the blog!

SSK said...

What a wild trading day, I love this volitilaty. 15 minutes left to globex's close, 1209 is in the sights. Buy low, sell high. We are trending lower, today was old business short covering. None of the support levels intraday held on the way down. There are no buyers to be found, that is new buyers or new business.

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,
Crazy day for me here too, so busy. I was righton the move today, that was a buy at open gap down, sell on recovery..beautiful.

So they end red and BELOW 11K, I am not sure if that ROUND # is important, I felt previous 2000 top was as it got taken out...and I feel on any rally then we can find resistance areas easy enough, andmaybe that old high is a lid on this trash can.

OIL SKID I think on Mr Bush's comments? lets open drilling...damn he's smart...problem fixed.

OIL fell ONLY NOW realizing economy is SLOWING, consumptiion will slow?

The juggernaut that is drying liquidity and CONTRATING credit trend will be one VERY difficult to undo.

D