Friday, August 05, 2005

SURPRISE JOB DATA LET'S HAVE A LOOK!

Briefing.com (click red link which is briefing.com if unaware of my website)

ODD recovery without GAINS in work week hours????

Net Birth death shows MINUS 76K, our reasoning was ON TARGET, the end result was not.

I did not take a position as I had reasoned not to last night based on my TA charts suggesting rising rates.

The number is suspect anyway, but you can only go as presented.

THIS NUMBER of 200K jobs is perhaps NOT the number many would have preferred??!!

Yes, this number is NOT the kind of number that SLOWS DOWN FED ACTION! SO the end game for the FED will NOT be shown IMHO at next meeting in 2 weeks.

In fact, based on their flawed data, they should SPEED up rate increases.

A rising rate environment WILL catch up with the markets. SO we watch todays stock market action and see the REACTION, and we might know more about the short term by this weekend.

Good luck to all, sometimes when I HOLD my gamblers finger in check I am happy (not jumping in front of todays numbers) and I am glad I gave WEIGHT to my charts which didn't line up with that notion, except the hit on the FIB.

Duratek

No comments: