Friday, March 25, 2011

MODERN DAY HERO

Always someone else (saying goes) who is worse off (but true)….here is a HEROES attitude

"I never expected to have to live through anything like this," he said mournfully. Suzuki is one of Soma's luckier residents, but the tsunami washed away the shop where he sold fish and seaweed.

"My business is gone. I don't think I will ever be able to recover," said Suzuki, 59.

Still, he managed to find a bright side. "The one good thing is the way everyone is pulling together and helping each other. No one is stealing or looting," he said.

"It makes me feel proud to be Japanese."



I can attest, I was in japan (when we got 255 yen for $1) 25 years ago……..even the cab drivers wore white gloves….could go out at night almost anywhere, NEVER FEAR CRIME!!! Always polite….couteous, friendly (got as far as Kyota)…..this country…..cant always say same

No comments: