Sunday, October 04, 2009

A LOOK BACK

LINK TO MY OCT 2007 POST HERE

I have no crystal ball, but I think my record is clear. I have called the last 2 Bear MArkets before full scale carnage broke out.....who wouldn't have liked to have been on the sidelines or at least prepared with some kind of adjustment back in 2007? I had other posts warning of the Bear Market as well in 2007.

Past performance may not be a guarantee of getting it right next major turn, but it's better than being WRONG sitting with a basket of stocks the last 2 bear markets?

IN NOV AND DEC I CONTINUED TO WARN OF THE COMING DECLINE LINK HERE.

HERE IS ANOTHER POST IN NOV CALLED LINK HERE TO "BEAR ALERT"

I have not engenderred a loyal and GROWING following for nothing....

Being fair I was overlly bearish during the 2003-2007 rally, however, the reasons for the rally I was alarmed at have created our current situation. As is the case there are TIMES when some of the fundamental thinking can deter one from enterring a playable rally....that being said, you must ALSO be able to take yourself OUT when time is running out and not overstay welcome.

Had you just went to bond or cash in 2000.......you would have outperformed the market...and if added some gold positions.......

PS....THERE is a WAR still going on G-d BLESS our troops......we just lost 8 more good MEN!!

Duratek

No comments: