Sunday, August 21, 2005

REIT'S Living On Borrowed Time?

Howard L Simon's

ALso By Mr Simon

"Let someone ELse Squeeze OIl's Last Drop"

Real Money access to all Simon Stories

Lastly, I could not find the story in front of me, but basically you remember my talk about the importance of the BDI?

As it is, recently it began to rise in reaction to larger degree trend which is down to retrace some of the steep decline, a normal reaction plus I think XMAS items will be shipping soon so raw materials will be needed.

But another phenom has began to rise, a dollar correction! And as the dollar strives for 100.00 so should the BDI move in inverse. I think the BDI fell as the dollar strengthened, as cheaper $$$$ mean more Chinese goods!

If the $$ begins to fall in earnest again perhaps we will see renewed strength on BDI index.

Perhaps this may have only been true when the $$ began to fall in earnest and China grew to manufacturing king, but it is evident a strong relationship exists there.

Temorarily the BDI could rise with $$ strength, but is more apparent a reaction to correct steep decline precipitated by original dollar move upward from 80.00 level, IMHO

Duratek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through an RSS link and enjoyed visiting.

Do you like blogspot hosted blogs? Or do you have other blogs?

I just set up my country home financing blog but not getting many htis... - you seem to get a lot of visitors and comments!

Anyway, thanks for the ramble...keep up the great work!

Marc R said...

Yes, I do seem to have a lot of readers, most of it word of mouth. I have a LOT of posts, so YHOO etc search words bring up my blog as well. some top 10 searches.

I get frustrated with the limitations of this blog, but it does OK. I cannot get picture feature to function from a saved word document and there is virtually NO support, but it's free.

D