Friday, June 04, 2010

The Contrary GUY

I am 55 years old and I am obsessed with the stock market and economy. I am thinking about it night and day...among other things. This is one of my passions, no other way to approach it IMHO.

The market is complex, many times confusing, and hard to figure out. I have spent countless hours educating myself the past 15 years. Learning and understanding charting (technical analysis), trend following, read countless books and endless stream of articles written by some of the best and brightest.

I am intuitive and have keen tools of observation, spotting trends, patterns......signals.

I Have called the last 2 Bear Markets, 2007 posts in the archive here can atetst to what I was saying then, 2000 call was on raging bull......I've learned to take the fur coat off and be open to positive change of trends.....argruably harder for me ! haa

I don't need to sugar coat squat, I mostly try to inform, give you the data and along with my humble 2 cents, try and help you figure out what is here, what may be coming.

I subscribe to multiple services costing $thousands of $$$'s, most of which you cannot get anywhere else. I cannot say directly what they say for the most part, in respect to those subs, but it does come out and influence my commentary.

I don't just go along either, I am in direct conflict with one of my favorite subs, but one must learn to think for themselves, track record is important, so we try to keep an open mind, and do the things that reduce risk when appropriate.

I am firm believer in using MA'S to help spot trend, lots of votes being cast there. You can read until blue in the face, but that may not indicate stock market direction.

I look at commodities (bull mkt) and foreign indexes to help with market calls as well...as we are global economy.

I enjoy writing, I do this for myself, I do this for you.....and do it for NO COST. I cannot give nor will direct reccomendations.....and of course always consult your finacial advisor........I am hopeful you find what I post helpful as the steady influx of readers continues to remain strong and grow.

I have further to go, one day I may have a service where I can provide even more, and specifics......I'm not ready for that yet, and enjoying this very much.

I hope you continue to find value here....

Duratek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I enjoy your website....

Marc R said...

Glad to hear it, hope you come by often