Tuesday, February 15, 2005

CLASSIC DOW THEORY EXPLANATION

http://thedowtheory.com/theoryexplanation.htm

If you do NOTHING else, try to understand Dow Theory. It was here before most methods, and NONE since are better.

And VERY FEW follow it, like all of wall street? They will dry hump til it hurts if you let them.

EACH person, as painful as it may be MUST control their assets. AT LEAST to the point you can understand what the Financial Planner is telling you and whether it makes sense.

"Time in the market, not timing the market" Well, maybe its true but everyone's TIME HORIZON is different.

I need cash for my business to buy the warehouse we are in, my business investments are right where I need them. SO I will liquidate NOW and put them in 30,60, 90 day treasuries, because? I CAN'T AFFORD to lose a dime at this point.

Many NEED income to retire, but EVERYONE has been chasing yields! I am worried about these types of investments.....for better or worse.

CASH......IMHO is not trash ESPECIALLY if even in intermediate future, there is a FIRE SALE.

EVERY BEAR MARKET has neded with TRAILING PE RATIO's on the SPX at around 8 to 13 X. DIVIDEND YIELDS NEAR 6%.

Where are we today? NEAR 2% YIELDS, near PE 20. Be careful please.....buying JUST to sell higher, a PONZI scheme usually unravels.

D

No comments: