Saturday, September 19, 2009

MARKET CHANGING EVENTS COMING?

Market changing events? WED FED....will they mention END OF QE? will mkt shudder at that? will $ rally? 3% bulls is all left....no Einstein needed to think that will get corrected.

Sept 25th Congressional hearing about FED "where did the fing money go?"
CAN they be made to tell? What will any light shown here do?

JOBLESS RECOVERY? friends, how in g-ds name can we have MUCH if any economic LIFT with 7 Million PLUS not doing their normal consuming? WILL the remaining consumers make up for that come XMAS? enough to help retailers? I ask how could they? 7 mil is 7 mil that is also 7 MIL NOT sending moolah to 401k's....there are LOTS of reasons for lower volume some of them NOT GOOD NOT BULLISH

SHits been turned on its head, with historic intervention how can we look at things the same way as we have?

If US $ RALLIES then this rallymay be over.....
If I get energy, I will post later or tomorrow a close up look at 2003 lows and 2007 top, we already know that MARCH was a V shaped zootz.....of which maybe the muscle FED put into it deserved, but not the revival results.....NO question less worse....some improving....cannot continue if hand of GOV (klunkers, home credit) FED (quatitative easing etc) is LIFTED.

We know comments from FED "Recession likely ended in July" OCT was to mark end of FED games....will they signal this WED in their statement? I am thinking they MIGHT, but then again.....they should know the market prefers they do not. IMHO

D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the Lowry people saying at this time?

D said...

I would love to give you specifics but in respect for my sub I will not be able to do that. Can I say we aren't in 100% agreement....but I respect their data....a lot of people feel that the trend is strong and as long as it continues then on the long side is where the action is.
I think I can say that in respect to selling....well you can look that up on YHOO FINANCE and see not much behind it....yet
hope that helps.

D said...

Let me add....should you be thinking of buying a sub....Lowry's should be considered and I also think they are super people anytime I have emailed with a question they usually respond....I will be a long time customer of Lowrys and they don't take sides, just give you the data

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Having been a Lowry customer in the past I have to believe they are concerned that the move up has been on very low volume.

My insticts tell me this move is a cover-up and not a true blue move. The monhtly and weekly charts show a sustained move up with no interruption. This is not "normal".

Main street feels - "Why sell now that I have already been hit over the head. I might as well hold for the long term." They are holding but definitely not buying.

I expect a 20% correction between now and the end of November another run up and then a big washout move down in 2010.

We'll see. I can afford to be patient. I didn't lose a dime in 2008-2009.

D said...

You are among the few, and don't you wonder why people make same mistakes over and over again? Because they don't educate themselves about the market and cycles in the most important area of their finances...part of what I write here is to reverse that should those find my blog.

With the financial news coming out beginning in 2007, with people I hadn't seen in 20 years telling me they were buying Miami condos for speculation.....I began to sound the alarm....even as BIg Ben said this wouldnt effect overall economy! ha

The "stars" are aligned to make a move down...I am watching 1060 area of SPX....lots of smart traders IMHO show their hand last hour not first hour...first hour is amatuer hour.

Lowry's has basic rules they follow...and if when they signal a buy it goes sour, those same rules are supposed to take them out if selling re-emerges n great enough amounts before their subs take too big a hit.

I don't think there is is any one sub that can take the place of you as an individual can learn to react to.....the good subs like Lowrys...RR to name a few IMHO are worth the price, but is anyone right 100% of the time?

I worry about our unfunded liabilities SS and Medicare totaling some $100 Trillion, and our GOV is adding to the deficit most pay attention to some $12 Trillion every day....we are talking about how this debt is taken on, and then paid for.

WHile maybe the $12 T is doable...the other is not. And G-d Help the US and us should we someday LOSE our roll as World Reserve Currency.

The FED is printing money and then using it to BUY a LARGE chunk of the debt....reminds me of the little play ovens where you can bake cookies..in this case these toilet paper bills are known as LEGAL TENDER by the US and said to be used to pay transactions and is " backed by the full faith of the US GOV..." to repay?

Though a rally for US $ may be nigh..it's ultimate fate in jeopardy and our standard of living.
If the GOV helath plan Medicare can be $90 TRILLION UNFUNDED...is it no wonder many worry about a gov health plan?