Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Leaf, New Day, New Beginning

I am very satisfied in how my blog is unfolding, but In my mind, it tells me I must work harder to do better in what I share. And recently my own personal experience has put additional pressure on myself and also to keep uo this medium. Yes, I have been feeling it good down in retail land and from here forward I will do my best, for you and myself to bring you my opinion with too many 4 letter words (yikes) and try to add more balance to my views.

Honestly, I am only here to try and help open some minds, get people to ask questions and get involved in their finances and view of the world. NO ONE can take place of a GOOD FINANCIAL ADVISOR, so don't do anything until consulting one....but it could be helpful to be more knowledgable,be more proactive....and ask questions about how they have you allocated...if in the market....I'm not here to run your business...just to educate and share that's all.

I am a BULL AT HEART, hard to believe huh Manute? I was VERY ACTIVE in the 90's, but friends since the 2000 top have we made much headway? no we're way off the highs.

That said, when we have these BEAR MARKETS, be READY to ACT when companies yoU KNOW with PROVEN TRACK RECORDS sell at rediculous prices, again consult with your advisor, but sure make your own list too. It just doesn't pay to have on a bear suit every damn day....

Some of good, smart friends had no problem putting money to work this rally....they know the economy isnt great, but they saw value and opportunity, and too much pessimism.....

SO understand me bullish readers, we are on same side, I dont want to see you LOSE any money....if I sound the alarm, I could be off my rocker....but give it some thought and be ready to make adjustments...consult when unsure your advisor.

2000-2003 bear actually saw VALUE LINE hit new highs, gold ran....always something getting the money flow friends.

More charts....I like to share with you what I observe. LESS RANTS...maybe a few....haaa

Links to good reads....it will take you off my site but when you get to story print it read it at your leisure, come back for more. I have 10 new articles Im reading now...yeah headlines not so uplifting...but that's me the Contrarian,,,if I was like everyone else why come here? I have my own style.

OK I see warning signs, but tops usually take time to form....I will try to show this later. V shaped from MARCH seems unlikely but as it stands that's what we have.

Maybe data down the road will show why....and if it doesn't you know what will happen....

I still have serious fundamental doubts......I don't think we're out of the woods. But market action is what it is, and the Bears are way on the defensive for now.

US $ Is still key IMHO, next week could get volatile, rising VIX could lead to lower prices, and end of QE if mentioned by FED, "MAY" initially worry mkt.

Have great week go Ravens

Duratek

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to put this blog together. I find your commentaries refreshing and realistic compared to the tripe that you read in the main stream media sites.

For what its worth, I feel as though the market is mimicking the 1930's rise after the 29 fall. Not much further to go before we come crashing down again.

Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Also, keep an eye on the BDI, another 40+ points to go before it starts to drop off a cliff.

D said...

I appreciate that...I removed one of my last rants because after reading it....well it sounded angry...I can say what I need to say....so everyone understands, I don't need to shout it and I don't want to offend anyone or bring myself down..

It does take time and effort....I thnk its worth it...what I 'm trying to do.

I agree about 30's...we're following that path, many same mistakes...the total credit mkt debt as% of gdp is still at 350%...was 265% in 1929...unwinding has LONG way to go.

We're going to have cyclical bulls (maybe in one now) breaking it up, but why dont people look up and see we have lost 10 years in the market...and lost ALL the jobs created and then some past expansion@!

I DO watch BDI, will post those charts, it's in a wedge, I thnk it breaks down, all those "ghost ships" ! and more pressure (not economic) to BDI is ALL the NEW ships coming on line...

take care my friend,

Duratek